NCD Quarterly Meeting Agenda - March 31, 2014
NCD Quarterly Meeting Agenda
March 31, 2014 (Rescheduled from March 3, 2014)
11:00 AM – 1:00 PM, ET
The National Council on Disability (NCD) will hold its next quarterly meeting Monday, March 31 from 11 AM until 1 PM ET by teleconference. An invited panel of policy experts will discuss the Affordable Care Act (ACA) at 11:30 AM ET. After the panel presentation, NCD welcomes public comment on the Affordable Care Act between 12:15 – 12:30 PM ET. The meeting’s full agenda and call-in information is posted below.
PUBLIC COMMENT BY PHONE: Due to the brief time available for public comment at this meeting, we will only be receiving comments related to the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Individuals interested in making public comment regarding ACA by phone must register in advance by emailing “PublicComment@ncd.gov” and noting “REGISTRATION” in the subject line.
Phone comment space is limited and will be accommodated on a first-registered, first-acknowledged basis until the available time slots are filled. Commenters should limit their remarks to three minutes and are welcome to submit more detailed comments to the Council via email at any time.
PUBLIC COMMENT BY EMAIL: The Council always welcomes all comments, regardless of topic, via email. NCD encourages those interested in raising an issue or concern to the Council’s attention to email comments, at any time, to “PublicComment@ncd.gov”
CALL-IN NUMBER: Dial 888-428-9490. The Conference ID is 5307787, Conference Title is NCD Meeting, and Host Name is Jeff Rosen. CART Streamtext for the meeting can be accessed using the following web address: http://www.streamtext.net/text.aspx?event=033114NCD1100am
11:00 – 11:30 AM
Call to Order and Council Reports
• Acceptance of Agenda
• Roll Call of NCD Council Members
• Approval of Minutes
• Chairperson’s Report
• Executive Director’s Report
• Policy Development & Program Evaluation Committee Chair’s Report
• Audit & Finance Committee Chair’s Report
• Governance Committee Chair’s Report
11:30 – 12:15 PM
Presentation on the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
• Judy Solomon, Vice President for Health Policy, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
• Melissa Harris, Director, Division of Benefits and Coverage, Disabled and Elderly Health Programs Group, Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
• Sharon Lewis, Principal Deputy Administrator, Administration for Community Living (ACL), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
12:15 – 12:30 PM
Public Comment on the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
See instructions at the beginning of this post.
12:30 – 1:00 PM
Annual Ethics Training for Council Members and Staff
CONTACT PERSON FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Anne Sommers, NCD
1331 F Street NW., Suite 850
Washington, DC 20004