(March 24, 2014) Chicago, IL - NCD Medicaid Managed Care and Community-Based Forum
The National Council on Disability
Invites You to
A Medicaid Managed Care and Community-Based Care Forum
March 24, 2014
Engaging Disability Leadership Representatives
Hosted by Access Living
Purpose: The National Council on Disability (NCD) is collaborating with federal agency representatives, as well as disability leadership stakeholders to facilitate cross-disability stakeholder engagement with federal agency partners in order to obtain meaningful input into both the planning and implementation of Medicaid managed care;
- Facilitate input on experiences, preferences and desired outcomes for Medicaid managed care among disability leadership, federal and state agency representatives; health plans, and providers.
- Promote the Medicaid managed care principles outlined in the NCD report, Medicaid Managed Care for People with Disabilities
- Promote the NCD Deinstitutionalization Toolkit to build community support systems
- Summarize and disseminate the forum proceedings and stakeholder input.
- Develop a set of recommendations for uniform best practices to be developed into policy directives to the States from the federal government on Medicaid Managed Care.
|DATE:||Monday, March 24, 2014|
|TIME:||9:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Eastern|
Access Living, 115 W Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL
Please respond to email@example.com if you would like to attend
An American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter will be available, along with real-time closed captioning. Those who plan to attend this forum in person and require accommodations other than an ASL interpreter and CART captioning should notify NCD contractor Capital Health Strategies, Ellen Piekalkiewicz as soon as possible to allow time to make arrangements at (850) 241-2051 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: To help reduce exposure to fragrances for those with multiple chemical sensitivities, NCD requests that all those attending the meeting in person please refrain from wearing scented personal care products such as perfumes, hairsprays, colognes, and deodorants.