(July 23, 2013) NCD ADAAA Policy Briefing and ADA Anniversary Event
Save the Date!
National Council on Disability
Policy Briefing & ADA Anniversary Event:
“Five Years Later -- The Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008: Impact on Disability Discrimination”
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
1:00 – 2:30 PM, ET
2226 Rayburn House Office Building
In celebration of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and in the fifth year following passage of the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), please join us for brief remarks from congressional, civil rights, and business community champions of the ADAAA, followed by the release and summary of NCD’s latest report, The Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008: Impact on Disability Discrimination, which provides an analysis of federal court cases decided under the ADAAA since it went into effect in January of 2009.
Space is limited and seating will be first-come, first-serve.
CART and a sign language interpreter will be provided.
- Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner (R-WI)
- Congressman Jerrold Nadler (D-NY)
- Congressman Jim Langevin (D-RI)
- Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA)
- Cheryl Sensenbrenner
- Chai Feldblum, Commissioner, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Sandy Finucane, Senior Advisor, Epilepsy Foundation
- Nancy Zirkin, Executive Vice President, Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- Wade Henderson, President and CEO, Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- Randel K. Johnson, Senior Vice President, Labor, Immigration, & Employee Benefits, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Michael Eastman, former Executive Director, Labor Policy, US Chamber of Commerce
- Professor Robert L. Burgdorf Jr., University of the District of Columbia, David A. Clarke School of Law
Can't join in person? Join us via Twitter! NCD will live-tweet the event using the hashtag #NCDADA
NCD extends special thanks to Congressman Sensenbrenner for his office’s assistance in securing a room space.