Tomorrow: National Summit on Disability Policy to Convene in Washington, DC
July 26, 2010
Contact: Mark S. Quigley
WASHINGTON, DC—Tomorrow, the National Council on Disability and its partners will host the first-ever National Summit on Disability Policy. The event marks the 20th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) becoming law.
Senior government officials, including the U.S. Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood, and more than 500 disability leaders from across the country will gather to discuss the history of the ADA, and the future of disability policy at the Federal, state and local level.
Featured speakers include:
- Chairman Jonathan Young, National Council on Disability (approximately 8:30 a.m.)
- Secretary Ray LaHood, Department of Transportation (approximately 9:00 a.m.)
- General Norton A. Schwartz, Chief of Staff, USAF (approximately 10:45 a.m.)
- Assistant Attorney General Tom Perez, Department of Justice (approximately 8:45 a.m.)
- Administrator Craig Fugate, FEMA ( approximately 3:15 p.m.)
- Under Secretary Martha Kanter, Department of Education (approximately 3:00 p.m.)
- Commissioner Michael Astrue, Social Security Administration (approximately 10:45 a.m.)
- Kareem Dale, Special Assistant to the President for Disability Policy (approximately 4:45 p.m.)
As well as key leadership from the following agencies:
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- U.S. Office of Personnel Management
- U.S. Department of Labor
- U.S. Department of Education
- U.S. Federal Communications Commission
- U.S. Health and Human Services
- U.S. State Department
- U.S. Department of Justice
The National Summit on Disability Policy 2010
July 27, 2010
The Renaissance Hotel,
999 9th Street, NW, Washington, DC
Credentialing information can be found at: http://www.neweditions.net/ncd2010/press.html
Contact: Mark Quigley, 202-272-2004 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The full agenda can be found at: http://www.neweditions.net/ncd2010/agenda.html.
For more information, please contact Anne Sommers, at email@example.com or by telephone at 202-272-2004 (voice); 202-272-2074 (TTY).