Position: Financial Analyst, National Council on Disability
Series & Grade: GS-0501-12
Open Period: Monday, August 31, 2015 to Friday, September 4, 2015
Position Information: Full Time - Permanent
Duty Location: Washington, DC
Key Requirements: US Citizen
Job Announcement Number: WA1473743-JN
Come Join the National Council on Disability!
Serves as a Financial Analyst for the National Council on Disability (NCD), an independent Federal agency, subject to the provisions of title 5 USC and established by the Vocational Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended by PL 98-221, dated February 22, 1984. The NCD staff supports the Council which is comprised of Presidential and Congressional appointees. The Council’s principal purpose is to develop recommendations to use in advising the President, the Congress, Federal entities, the states, and occasionally international entities on policies and programs that promote full inclusion, independence and equal opportunity for people with disabilities. The Council sets its agenda using a strategic planning process and communicates its priorities via the issuance of a five-year Strategic Plan. The NCD is a key contributor to the development and implementation of policies and practices affecting the disability community.
- Applies technical knowledge acquired through education
- Monitors and evaluates the budget, accounting and payroll database systems, and assures resulting expenditures of funds are in accordance with existing laws and regulations.
- Prepares accounting reports and conducts special financial analyses
- Develops deadlines/timeframes and possible approaches for work to be done.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Reasonable Accommodations: NCD provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities, with sufficient notice. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the hiring process, please contact NCD@NCD.gov.
View the full position announcement by going to: